Which? Trusted Trader
Britelite Windows have been awarded Which? Trusted Trader Status.
Which? Has been rigorously testing products and services for over 50 years. Now they are doing the same for traders. Just like the Which? Best Buy award the new Which? Trusted Trader icon highlights the best quality traders out there.
Britelite has successfully passed the assessment process, which included a thorough examination of our business procedures. It also included reference checks chosen at random by a member of the Which? Trusted Trader’s endorsement team, to ensure a range of consumers were consulted. We were also inspected by Which? Trusted Trader assessors.
We are proud to have been the first large double glazing company to have achieved Which? Trusted Trader Status. It reflects the amount of effort we have put in to keeping up our high standards of quality.
As one of the UK’s most trusted brands for finding quality tradespeople, Checkatrade connects customers with businesses who are recommended, background checked and continuously monitored.
Checkatrade runs strict background checks on companies before they can become members. Once a company joins, they agree to have feedback from customers put online at Checkatrade.com for all to see. So far Checkatrade has published over 2 million customer reviews.
Britelite are proud to be part of Checkatrade.com and to show our commitment to service and quality we agree to uphold the Checkatrade standard.
Trustmark helps consumers find reliable, trustworthy tradesmen to make home improvements. Trustmark is a non profit organisation, supported by the government, building industry, retailers and consumer protection groups.
Britelite is a member of Trustmark and has been independently checked through regular on-site inspections and checks on our trading record and financial status. We have signed up to a code of practice that includes good health and safety practices and customer care.
The BSI Kitemark is one of the most recognised symbols; it stands for quality, safety and trust. It lets customers know that the products have been independently tested on a regular basis and will perform to that consistent quality every time.
Britelite is one of the few companies to hold the nationally recognised BSI 8213 – Pt 4 Kitemark for the Installation of Windows and Doors. This means that our fitters hold the NVQ level 2 for the installation of windows and doors. We are assessed twice a year when BSI visit our installations to ensure we are installing to the highest standards required. You can be assured that our products have been tested and are fitted to industry approved standards so that your home will be secure and more energy efficient.
FENSA is the largest Competent Persons Scheme (CPS) working within the replacement window industry and is trusted by all local authorities, industry and government.
Most replacement windows and doors comes within the scope of the building regulations. Anyone who installs replacement windows or doors must comply with current building regulation standards.
Since April 2002 all installations and replacement of windows and doors have been required to comply with improved energy efficient requirements.
As Britelite is registered with FENSA we are continually assessed by an independent inspection body to ensure consistency of building regulation adherence and service. All of our fitters have passed or are working towards the NVQ Level two for the installation of windows and doors.
Britelite will notify FENSA that we have installed a product at your address and FENSA will then send you a certificate to confirm that your installation complies with the Building Regulations. Keep this certificate safe as you will need it if you ever sell your property.
Britelite will authorise FENSA to arrange your 10 year insurance guarantee. This document which you will receive from GGI will ensure that your guarantee will remain valid in the unlikely event that Britelite cease to trade within your 10 year guarantee period.
Our Glass and Glazing Federation (GGF) accreditation shows our dedication to quality in every aspect of our business.
This code of practice provides you with the following safeguards:
- Any deposit you place with a member company shall be safeguarded by the GGF’s own deposit indemnity fund, up to 50% of the contract price or £12,500, whichever is lower.
- A seven-day cooling off period applies to all contracts negotiated away from business premises. This is irrespective of whether you invited the sales call or not. You do not have the security of a cooling off period from a non-GGF member.
- All glazing installed shall be to the current safety requirements of the British Standard BS 6262 pt4
- All companies who apply for membership of the GGF are subjected to careful vetting.
- Companies that do apply must have completed a minimum of three years trading and have satisfied the GGF of their intention and ability to abide by the rules of the federation.
- Under the terms of the GGF’s code of good practice, all members must treat you with courtesy and respect at all times and supply you with products that comply with the latest technical requirements.
Britelite is a member of the Conservatory Association so you can be assured of our professionalism and high quality standards. We have been thoroughly vetted at local and national level and we only use products that meet British Standards and we follow a strict Code of Ethical Practice.
- Only reputable and financially sound companies are permitted into membership. They must have been trading for three years and pass a vetting at local and national levels before joining.
- A Code of Good Practice governs conduct.
- Members are obliged to use only products that comply with the relevant British Standards Institution and Conservatory Association specifications.
- Conduct is regulated and monitored by the Conservatory Association which is in turn controlled by its parent body, the Glass and Glazing Federation, the industry watchdog.
- Any disputes between a customer and a member can be reconciled at no extra cost to the customer.
- Deposits are protected by the GGF deposit indemnity fund (subject to the exercise of the fund administrator’s discretion) for up to 50% of the purchase price or £12,500 whichever is lower.
- All members comply with GGF publication “A Guide to Good Practice in the Specification and Installation of Windows within the United Kingdom.
BFRC are the premier UK authority for independently verified ratings of energy efficient window and doors. Windows and doors rated by the BFRC carry a ‘rainbow’ label similar to those found on fridges, freezers and washing machines. The BFRC energy ratings are calculate by certified simulators. Simulator are trained and continuously assessed to ensure that the ratings produced are consistent all ratings submitted are verified by BRFC to ensure accuracy.
By supplying the customer with the easy to read ‘rainbow’ label, they know how energy efficient their windows and doors are. The ‘rainbow’ label scale is from A++ the most efficient. ‘C’ rated windows are the minimum to satisfy building regulations.
Britelite’s Triple glazed window are A++ as standard and therefore you are able to save up to £497 a year when replacing aluminium single glazed windows.
Triple A Rated
We are so confident that we offer the best, most secure and energy efficient products on the market, we provide our customers with our Triple A-rated promise:
- A-Rated energy efficient glazing and secure windows.
Britelite install Triple glazed Windows as standard, which are A++ rated and include a 10 point locking system meaning your home will be warm and secure.
- A-Rated fitters are fully trained to industry standards.
Our fitters have the BSI KiteMark for the installation of window and doors and have achieved or are working towards the NVQ for the installation of windows and doors.
- A-Rated company that will give you an honest and value for money first class service. It has been Britelite’s policy to be open and honest with every customer, which is why we offer our best price first time – every time, with no hidden extras, our prices always include VAT and Fitting.
The Glazing Arbitration Scheme (TGAS) offers a straightforward independent means of obtaining a legally binding arbitration service to resolve any disputes between TGAS registered traders and their customers, in a fair and impartial way.
TGAS is an independent Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) scheme, which is the primary ADR scheme for the glass and glazing industry, plus other related home improvements. TGAS is operated independently by a Chartered Trading Standards Institute certified ADR body, the Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR).
TGAS Arbitrators conduct impartial reviews of disputes between TGAS traders and their customers and they will make a final decision which is legally binding on both parties.
Being a Chartered Trading Standards Institute certified ADR body, CEDR will ensure a trained professional arbitrator is assigned to each case. All TGAS Arbitrators have received the industry standard training with the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators. CEDR will ensure a fair and impartial decision in all cases for both consumers and traders.
The Arbitrator will base their decision on the written evidence supplied by both parties. They will undertake a site visit if considered necessary.
TPS and MPS
Britelite fully complies with both the TPS and MPS.
The Telephone Preference Service (TPS) is a Free central opt out register where consumers can register their wish not to receive unsolicited sales and marketing telephone calls. It is a legal requirement that companies do not make such calls to numbers registered on the TPS.
Registration is a simple process which will become effective 28 days later and remain in place permanently unless otherwise requested.
The Mailing Preference Service (MPS) is a free service which enables consumers to have their names and home addresses in the UK removed from lists used by the marketing industry.
The MPS will prevent the receipt of unsolicited direct mailings sent from member companies of the Direct Marketing Association. It will not stop mail that has been sent from overseas, un-addressed material or mail addressed to The Occupier. You can expect to continue to receive mailings from companies with whom you have done business in the past. You may also receive mailings from small, local companies. If you wish these mailings to be stopped, you must notify these companies directly. Once you have registered it will take up to 4 months for the Service to have full effect although you should notice a reduction in mail during this period.
Gold Seal Guarantee
Our Gold Seal Guarantee ensures our installation service is stress-free and causes you as little inconvenience as possible.
Our guarantee means that we will advise you of the exact week of your installation, and if this is not achieved, you will receive £50 off the cost of your installation.
You will be informed of the exact day of the installation no less than one week prior to commencement, and in the unlikely event that we are unable to keep to this day you will receive a further £25 off the cost of your installation.
Britelite’s team of professional fitters will treat your home with respect, will ensure that your home is protected during the installation process and will always clean up afterwards.
After the installation is complete, a senior fitter will carry out a final inspection:
- Final product inspection
- Product instruction briefing
- Mechanical check of all moving parts
- Maintenance tips