We take customer service extremely seriously at Britelite. We have an outstanding reputation with our customers and with independent trade regulators and review bodies. However, sometimes things don’t go to plan and we endeavour to provide any customer who is not entirely happy with the opportunity to let us know and get the problem fixed. See below our complaints procedure and scroll to the bottom for the form to fill in.
Telephone calls to and from Britelite Windows are recorded for training, accuracy and quality purposes. They are deleted automatically after three months unless required for operational accuracy.
Britelite Windows Complaints Procedure
a. This procedure includes all products and services provided by Britelite Windows directly or indirectly through contractors appointed by Britelite to carry out a service for them.
b. It applies to all managers and employees of Britelite Windows and appointed installers.
c. It is not intended to preclude external bodies from becoming involved in exchanges of correspondence or verbal discussion where such action is considered to be materially relevant to any investigation into a complaint and its outcome.
d. This procedure is published on Britelite Windows’ website and is available at its Maidstone Head Office. It will also be available at any of Britelite Windows’ showrooms.
e. The Britelite Windows Complaints Procedure is a distinct, but integral part of our Customer Care Policy.
f. This Complaints Procedure sets out the stages and timescales involved in handling any complaint.
a. The procedure seeks to create a positive approach to complaints. Britelite Windows view them as a valued means to continuously review our products and services. This includes all products and services offered by Britelite Windows and any appointed contractors.
b. Britelite Windows continues to be committed to providing a service commensurate with over 50 years’ experience in the home improvements industry above and beyond the requirements of the agencies we are members of.
a. Provision of an effective means for customers to comment if they are in any way dissatisfied.
b. All complaints to be dealt with in an efficient and courteous manner.
c. To maintain records of complaints made so that regular reviews can be produced for internal auditing and effecting of services and products
d. To provide a clearly defined procedure to enable any customer to feel confident in making a complaint and the way that Britelite Windows will deal with it.
e. To ensure Customer Service Administrators have responsibility to ensure complaints are dealt with promptly, efficiently and in a positive manner.
f. The Customer Service Manager will over-see the continued development of staff and ensure continued improvements in the service we offer our customers. This includes reporting to colleagues at monthly meetings and reporting any areas of concern to members of the Britelite Windows Board of Directors for discussion and approval of any suggested improvements.
g. The overall benefits of our complaints procedure are:-
- Clear instruction as to how to make a complaint.
- What will happen on receipt of a complaint.
- What Britelite’s valued customers can expect to happen as a result of a complaint.
- What they should do if they are not happy with Britelite’s response.
a. For the purpose of this procedure a complaint is defined as:-
An expression of dissatisfaction by one or more of Britelite’s customers about a lack of action on the part of Britelite’s employees or subcontractors, or about the standard of product or service they have received from Britelite or its contractors.
b. It is for the customer to decide whether they are expressing dissatisfaction or not. If they are this is classified as a complaint. Some important things to remember are:
Reporting a fault or a problem is not necessarily a complaint. This would be considered a request for service. We have a separate procedure for this.
An example of such a fault would be an opening sash on a window not closing correctly. It is understood that a customer will accept that through use a fault can occur which their guarantee will cover.
c. Complaints can be made to Britelite Windows using various methods available to them dependent on preference and circumstance. Complaints can be made in writing via e-mail, fax or letter or brought to Britelite Windows’ Head Office in Maidstone.
5. Who can complain?
a. For the purpose of this procedure a customer is a Direct Retail Customer of Britelite Windows or a Developer, Social or Private Landlord. A unique contract reference is issued to Britelite Windows’ customers on confirmation of their contract and should be quoted in all communications. (A person who is in receipt of our product or services via a Social or Private Landlord or developer should report any fault or complaint through them in the first instance using their own complaints procedure).
b. Any customer or someone acting with their authority can use this Complaints Procedure.
c. Anonymous complaints received by any means mentioned in this procedure will be acted upon at the discretion of Britelite’s Managers with Directors approval.
d. A member of the public who has been directly or indirectly affected by the actions or lack of action by a Britelite Employee, or Appointed Contractor may raise a complaint.
6. Equal Opportunities
a. All complaints are dealt with equally, in line with our Equal Opportunities Policy available on request from our Head Office.
7. Consumer Rights
a. Our Complaints procedure does not affect a customer’s statutory rights.
8. How To Complain
a. A customer or their representative (with the customer’s specific authority) wishing to make a complaint can do so in writing. The complaint should be addressed to our Customer Service Manager.
b. A complaint can be made in writing by letter, fax or direct e-mail to email@example.com at our Head Office in Maidstone.
c. A member of the public who wishes to make a complaint about any action or lack thereof by Britelite, its employees or contractors should follow the same procedure.
9. How Complaints are Handled
a. Stage 1 – Informal receipt and acknowledgement
- Complaints received by any of the methods under subheading 8 will be acknowledged within 5 working days. This acknowledgement will include information as to which department or employee will be dealing with the complaint.
- All complaints are recorded, and a digital copy attached to Britelite Windows’ Database Management System (DMS) on the customer’s unique record. Complaints are reviewed and updated periodically as appropriate.
- An attempt will be made to deal with complaints within 14 days of receipt, coming to a quick, informal, and mutually agreeable resolution by an appropriate manager or employee within the department concerned.
b. Stage 2 – Formal Investigation
- If a complaint has not been resolved or the complainant is dissatisfied following Stage 1 it will be investigated formally.
- The Customer Service Manager will make further investigations with the department involved and aim wherever possible for a resolution and/or full response in writing within 21 days from the previous communication.
- Further verbal and written communications may follow the 21-day period including possible site visits by appropriate managers until a mutually satisfactory resolution is reached. Records will be kept during this stage in the DMS on the customer’s unique record.
c. Stage 3 – Appeal
- The complainant may appeal the Customer Service Manager’s decision to the Chairman; only if matters of fact have been wrongly interpreted or they feel the resolution is unjust.
- If a solution has still not been found, Britelite Windows will issue a formal Final Response Letter
d. Stage 4 – Ensuring Resolution
- If the complainant still remains dissatisfied following Stage 3 either party may involve the Glass and Glazing Federation’s (GGF) conciliation service. This is a free service provided to members of the GGF and Britelite Windows have agreed to be bound by its recommendations. In the event that you choose to take this step you may access the service from their website at www.ggf.org.uk/technical-hub/conciliation-service/ Britelite Windows agree to fully cooperate with the GGF in their investigation and may pass information regarding our own investigations to them.
- The GGF will advise Britelite Windows and the complainant of their decision independently and will attempt to conciliate to ensure that a complaint is satisfied with a mutually agreeable resolution.
- The GGF offer an Arbitration Service to complaints unhappy with the conciliation service that has been provided.
Report a problem
Fill in the form below to submit your problem.